For many of us, a glass of wine after work or a G&T at the pub is a regular part of our weekly routine. But it’s easy to find ourselves drinking more than we realise over a whole week – and more than what’s recommended in order keep our risk of alcohol-related health issues low.
That’s why Drinkaware launched the Drink Free Days campaign. Having more Drink Free Days each week, replacing alcohol with activities, can help you cut back on alcohol and improve your health and wellbeing.
This Wednesday at 8pm, Tots100 and Drinkaware will be sharing some top tips on embracing #DrinkFreeDays, with loads of tips on alternative tipples and social activities to avoid alcohol. We’ll also have lots of info about the benefits of cutting our alcohol consumption, in case you need some added motivation!
We’ll also be giving away £50 in Amazon vouchers to five lucky winners who join in with the Twitter chat and try out the Drinkaware DrinkCompare Calculator!
How to Take Part
To take part in the Twitter party, make sure you’re following @drinkaware and @tots100
Join us from 8pm on Wednesday 16 October and share your Tweets using the #DrinkFreeDays hashtag. We’d love to hear your favourite tips, suggestions and ideas for enjoying more #DrinkFreeDays.
Share your best tips, comments and questions for a chance to win a £50 voucher! [See below for full T&Cs]
We’ll be talking about:
- For many of us, alcohol is a key part of our social life, but there are loads of activities to enjoy on #DrinkFreeDays. What’s the last new activity you’ve tried?
- When we’re busy or stressed, trying to get through a difficult time, or even to reward yourself after a long day, it’s easy to turn to alcohol even if we’ve planned for #DrinkFreeDays. What other tips do you have to relax?
- Did you know that reducing alcohol consumption can reduce blood pressure, reduce your risk of developing certain diseases and help you sleep better? What health and wellness issues make you want to have more #DrinkFreeDays?
- Looking for inspiration on what to serve guests and family on #DrinkFreeDays? What are your favourite alcohol-free drink recipes?
- Many of us find that alcohol can affect our mental wellbeing. Do you find you feel better after a #DrinkFreeDay?
Want More Inspiration?
Check out the Drinkaware website for simple, practical tips to help you build more Drink Free Days into your week.
There’s also a handy DrinkCompare calculator that can provide great insight into how much alcohol you’re really consuming, with helpful ideas for planning and sticking to Drink Free Days.
This month, we’ve challenged ten Tots100 influencers to add more #DrinkFreeDays to their lives and share their experiences on social media. Check out their posts on the #DrinkFreeDays hashtag on Twitter and Instagram.
Terms and Conditions
The #DrinkFreeDays Twitter prizes are available to UK residents only, aged 18 and over, except employees of Flea Enterprises Ltd (the promoter) or anyone professionally associated with the event. For the purposes of this promotion, an entry is received when a person has Tweeted their comment with the hashtag #DrinkFreeDays between 8pm and 9pm on 9/10/19. Any entries outside the promotion period will not be countered. The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No information regarding entries will be disclosed to any third party not involved in the conduct of the promotion. The prize is not transferable, re-saleable or exchangeable. There is no cash alternative. Winners will be announced on this website by 30/10/19. Winners must respond to notification of their prize within 48 hours otherwise the right to claim the prize will be lost and the promoter reserves the right to re-award the prize. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or automated software will be accepted.