What makes a vlog popular? We have spent this month sharing plenty of practical tips including Top Editing Tips to Make your Life Easier and When is the Best Time to Post but what should the finished vlog look like? Today we are sharing the finishing touches that make a vlog stand out and attract views.
- Have a clear purpose of the vlog shopping hauls, room tours, recipes, toy reviews and days out are all popular themes.
- Add some consistent branding. At Tots 100 all our commissioned vlogs have the same branding to make vlogs easily recognisable. Could you add your logo or blog name across the thumbnail? Do you want to have the same intro every time?
- Make sure your YouTube channel has a header and the links to your blog and social media channels are all pointing to the correct places.
- Use playlists to categorise your vlogs. At Tots we have dedicated playlists for Foodies 100, HIBS 100 and Blog Tutorials it makes it easier for subscribers to find relevant content.
- In your vlog remind viewers of your channel name and encourage people to subscribe and to leave comments.
- Engage with the comments as you would in a written blog post.
- Promote your vlog on your social media channels. Also add it to relevant linkys including #VlogIt as this should help you attract viewers and grow your community.
- Watch and comment on other vlogs and try to grow and organic audience.
- Embed your vlog in a blog post if you are also writing about the topic as cross promoting has an impact on who will see your vlog.
- Use keywords and a full description when publishing the vlog. This will help with SEO and enable others to find your content when searching. Many will hopefully find your content through using the search facility and not just because they already subscribe.
Here are some of our favourite vlogs of the past few weeks. Watch them to pick up tips in terms of style and content.
We hope the Back To (Vlog) School series has inspired and motivated you. Are you left with any burning questions? If so leave them in the comments and we will do our best to answer them.