Hurrah! It’s the end of the week, the sun is shining (mostly) and there’s an unopened packet of biscuits in the biscuit tin. What better way to celebrate the arrival of the weekend than with a few of brilliant blog posts from Tots100 bloggers this week?
This week’s Fresh Five is chosen by Claire from Diary of the Evans-Crittens. Claire has four children, aged from two to ten years old and often writes about health and SEN matters as her eldest son Danny has a heart condition called HLHS. Claire’s blog is a fantastic insight into busy family life, featuring snippets of family days out and some lovely photos.
Fresh Five – the Welsh Edition
This week in Wales we have been celebrating St David’s Day, therefore I thought I would introduce you to some of my favourite blogs which are also based in Wales.
When I first started blogging, I felt like “the only blogger in the village.” Now, I’m pleased to have found so many other fabulous Welsh blogs to pop into my reading list.
- At This Enchanted Pixie, Polly blogs about homeschooling her three gorgeous daughters in North Wales. Polly is also a Jewellery Designer and a lover of all things pretty. I love to read their craft posts and recipe ideas.
- Even on dull days, reading Hello Wonderful can bring a little bit of sunshine into my life. Ella likes to be surrounded by beautiful things and by reading her blog, we can be too. Life’s not all sunshine though and Ella is also open and honest about the darker times and then picks herself up and gets on with life for her lovely daughters. I find Ella’s style of photography invites me in to each post and makes me feel a part of the “wonderful” experience.
- Ffion has been blogging at BareNakedMummy since 2009, but her blog is a fresh one to me. Ffion is not actually bare or naked (you may be relieved or maybe even disappointed to hear), however, in her own words she is “just me”. She blogs about their everyday life in Aberystwyth, with lots of posts about two of my favourite things: recipes and books.
- Laura from SideStreetStyle blogs about her stylish family life with John and their son, Mr A, living in Cardiff. If I want to keep up to date with fashion, homestyles, new shops and places to eat, I can do so easily just by following Laura’s blog, which is of course a pleasure in itself. She also blogs delicious, healthy, vegan recipes and is an excellent professional photographer too.
- Doodlemum – a day in the life of my Sketchbook is just what it says on the tin. Every day Angie posts a sketch of her family, which depicts a day in their life near Swansea. Being a huge fan of both Shirley Hughes and Raymond Brigg’s illustrations, Doodlemum’s drawings really appeal to me. Her sketches even make the harder aspects of parenting such as tantrums, rainy school days and nits seem charming.
Thank you for introducing us to some fantastic blogs with this selection of top posts Claire! If you’d like to hear more from Claire you can follow her on Twitter at @claireyfairey, on her blog’s Facebook page, at Interest and over on Instagram too.