Apparently it’s now Summer! It’s hard to believe with the amount of rain we have had recently though; I usually have my heating off completely between the months of May to October, but I’ve had it on almost daily throughout May.
Hopefully June, July and August will be beautiful and we will get to enjoy lots of summery things with the kids. With that in mind, I’ve gathered together a great selection of craft ideas – all with a summery theme.
- Ice Play is just perfect for a hot summer’s day in the garden!
- Getting the paddling pool out? Then check out 5 Things to Investigate in Your Paddling Pool.
- These beautiful Simple Summer Sun-Catchers are perfect for making on a summer’s day!
- If you are planning a trip to the zoo this summer why not get the kids all excited by making these Loo Roll Animals.
- Can’t make it to the seaside? These Printable Sea Creatures for Ocean Play Dough will give your kids just as much fun.
- If you are at the seaside, why not collect some treasure from the beach and make this Beachcomber Treasure Tile? We have hundreds of shells lying about the house that we have picked up from the beach, so this is a wonderful way to display them.
- This Frozen Jello Sensory Play looks like it could be a huge hit with toddlers!
- If Bubbles are your thing then check out 20 Ways to Have Fun with Bubbles.
- Maggy shows us How to Make a Pinwheel over at Red Ted Art – find me a toddler who doesn’t love watching a pinwheel go round in the wind!
- Last but not least, I love 50 Summer Science Ideas – you’ll find something educational and fun for all kids.
I hope this gives you a little bit of inspiration – please do leave a comment if you have a summer craft post you think we should know about, we’d love to see it!