Start the New Year with a little relaxation
After what was a very busy 2012, Center Parcs can’t think of a better time for you to take stock and relax than with the latest challenge from the UK family holiday expert, putting a well deserved focus on Mum (and Dad)!
Now we have your attention, right!?
By taking part you could also be one of the four wildcard bloggers, chosen throughout the monthly challenges, to become a Center Parcs Family Blogger AND win a family break to the Center Parcs village of your choice. Terms and conditions apply.
We would like to congratulate our first wildcard winner joining the Center Parcs Family Blogger club, Mothergeek. We loved her elf poem entry to our December challenge and can’t wait to welcome her family with a short break at Center Parcs!
This Month’s Challenge
Amy Neale, Aqua Sana spa Manager and the lady we like to call ‘Goddess of Pampering’, has a host of tips on how to turn your home into your own peaceful and relaxing sanctuary – honest!
“Whether people join us for the day or as part of a special spa break, guests always say how wonderful it is to be in such a relaxing environment. The Aqua Sana spa experience at Center Parcs is all about fulfilling the senses, from the intoxicating fragrances in the Greek herbal bath to the relaxing sounds of trickling water in the Japanese Zen garden. But there are simple things you can do to relax at home too, if you follow my tips!”
So why not bring a taste of Aqua Sana’s unique spa experiences to your very own living room with Amy’s top tips to create your very own at-home DIY mini spa:
- Make your own foodie facial with a natural moisturising face mask. Add 1-2 teaspoons of honey to a couple of tablespoons of Greek yogurt and blend in to a paste. Liberally apply to face and leave for 20 minutes. Wash off with warm water to reveal glowing skin (and don’t forget those cucumber eyes!)
- Candles and children don’t tend to mix, but grabbing 20 minutes to yourself can do wonders – especially in a darkened room with flickering, scented candles for company. Try to combine this with your bath time after the kids have gone to bed and you’ll feel relaxed in no time.
- Feet must be one of the most worn out parts of my body so I love to make a mini foot spa to rejuvenate my tootsies. Mix a small handful of salt with a squirt of bubble bath in a basin of warm water and soak your feet for 10-15 minutes. Exfoliate with a pumice stone and slather with moisturiser – popping on thick socks overnight will really help to get your toes twinkling again.
- To get the full taster of a spa experience why not create a calming playlist to mellow you out when you can grab 15 minutes. A top tip is to choose songs that are tuned into your heartbeat at rest, which is about 60 to 80 beats per minute – think Drops of Jupiter for the right kind of tempo and let us know what song gets you feeling tranquil.
- Hydration doesn’t have to just be plain H20, so sip in style by slicing up some fruit to add to a pitcher of ice water. Try mango, strawberry or mint and keep in the fridge for maximum refreshment throughout the day.
- And for those of you who might be shying away from some of my pampering tips why not try a delicious smoothie– every spa needs a selection of refreshments!
- Strawberry-banana and raspberry-peach blends are my personal favourites, but use any variety of fruit you fancy. But, watch out for ‘juicy’ fruits if you’re looking to avoid a watery concoction!
- Add 1-2 cups of the liquid of your choice. I like milk or Greek yoghurt, but tea varieties or water can work just as well.
- Consider optional extras to tingle your taste buds, perhaps vanilla extract, peanut butter or cayenne pepper!?
- Mix in a blender, with 2 or 3 ice cubes if desired. Get slurping!
So there you have it. To be in with a chance of winning a stay at Center Parcs for you and your family, we’re challenging you to create a mini home spa experience. When you’ve recreated part of the spa at home, just send a tweet including the hashtag #CPFamilyBreaks to @tots100 and @CenterParcsUK, linking to your blog post with the pics of your sanctuary and tips on how to create the experience.
This month’s challenge closes at 4pm on 25th January, so make sure you get some time to relax before then!
Please find the full terms and conditions for the challenge here and do make sure to be careful with certain ingredients if you are prone to allergies or have sensitive skin.