Today marks the end of the official working year for the Tots100 team.
We’ll be popping in to keep the dust down (as my Mum likes to say) but mostly we’re off to eat mince pies, sing carols out of tune and practice our DELIGHTED face when we open another set of M&S bath bubbles.
Before we go, though, we must say a big, ginormous, embarrassingly effusive thanks to all the bloggers who have been a part of Tots100 this year. As parent blogging continues to go from strength to strength we never fail to be inspired, amazed and entertained by your blog posts.
We hope you have a wonderful Christmas with family and friends, and take a break – it’s been a hectic year!
- The Tots100 almost doubled in size during 2012, and now represents around 4,500 active parent bloggers
- We distributed more than 140,000 PR opportunities to our members during the year, from more than 350 different brands and PR agencies
- More than 400 bloggers attended one of our free BlogCamp events this year thanks to the support of some great sponsors
- Hundreds of our bloggers have already helped us raise around £5,000 for good causes through our Tots100 Ads programme – more news on this in the New Year!
- Around 100 bloggers reviewed family holidays all over the world this year thanks to opportunities they heard about via Tots100
- Our bloggers won loads of great prizes through the site in 2012, from theme park tickets to kitchen appliances, home makeovers and even a whale-watching holiday!
- This year saw the launch of our first sister site, the Foodies100, with our third site planned to launch in the early part of 2013
- We also published the biggest ever survey into UK parent bloggers, with our 2012 Parent Blogger Benchmark Survey
- More than 100 different bloggers have featured on the Tots100 since the launch of our Share a Post feature, giving our members an easy way to discover brilliant new blogs on all kinds of topics!
What we remember most about this year, though, has been the fun we’ve had, and the friends we’ve made. The parent blogging community is large, and diverse, and filled with different voices and personalities. But what brings us all together is a love of blogging – no matter how we might choose to do it – and an understanding of the importance of friendship and family.
So we’d like to take this opportunity to say a big fat…
We hope you have a fantastic remainder of 2012, and we can’t wait to see you all again in 2013. To see you off, here’s a little reminder of just some of what we got up to this year. How many bloggers do you recognise?