Do you switch off at the mere mention of SEO, or search engine optimisation?
SEO is possibly one of the most widely misunderstood elements of blogging. People imagine SEO has to be complicated, technical and fake, but in reality, good SEO is simply about writing and organising content in a way that makes it easy for readers to find using search engines.
So if you write a lot about “organic recipes for children” then it’s worthwhile making a few small changes to help people who are searching for “organic recipes for children” find your blog posts.
Good SEO can bring thousands of additional readers to your blog every month. And the good news is this doesn’t require any great technical skill, and it doesn’t need to take much time.
There are some really quick and simple SEO tips for bloggers that will help boost your audience WITHOUT taking too much time.
This week, Tots100 Deputy Editor Kate Sutton will be Hanging Out with SEO guru Lee Smallwood, who will be providing some common sense tips on SEO, some advice on what to avoid, and insights into how blogs can become LESS reliant on search engine traffic by boosting ‘social signals’ on social networks such as Pinterest, G+ and Facebook.
Whether you’re an SEO novice, or looking to brush up your SEO skills, we invite you to join Lee and Kate at 8.30pm on Tuesday 23 October.
Never been to a Hangout before?
Our Hangouts take place on the Tots100 Facebook page, and will also be broadcast via our YouTube channel. To take part, you need to do the following:
- Make sure you’ve added Tots100 to your Circles on G+, by clicking ‘follow’ on our profile
- We will then add you to the invite list for all our Hangouts for bloggers
- When you receive an invite, click ‘accept’ to let us know you’ll be attending
- On Tuesday at 8.30pm, the Hangout will be live on our page. Simply scroll down and click on ‘Join Hangout’
- When you join the Hangout, please MUTE your computer’s microphone to prevent feedback and background noise
- If you have questions, you can submit them using the “chat” feature in the Hangout – it’s at the top left of the screen
- If the Hangout is already full, you won’t be able to join – instead, click the link underneath the post to VIEW the Hangout live via YouTube
If you have any burning questions you’d like us to cover with Lee and aren’t sure you can make it tomorrow evening please do leave a comment and we’ll try and ask them for you!