Over the next 10 weeks, we’ll be running a bit of an experiment here on the Tots100.
From next week, the Good Blog Project will show you how to take a WordPress blog from zero to amazing with ten, step-by-step tutorials. So if you’re a new blogger – or new to WordPress – stay tuned for our regular Thursday updates, where we’ll be showing you everything you need to know about BlogCamp.
Our tutorials will cover:
- Setting up a WordPress blog, and getting it online
- Designing your blog header, and creating a personal ‘look’
- Creating posts, including handy short-cuts and tricks from the pros
- Using images in a WordPress blog
- Creating an RSS feed and email newsletter
- Adding blog badges and other sidebar content
- Using commenting systems with WordPress – options
- Must have widgets and plug-ins for WordPress
- Backing up your blog, and blog content
- Guide to SEO for WordPress users
Each tutorial will include step-by-step guides, along with a short video demonstration. If you’re a Tots100 registered blogger, you’ll also be able to download printer-friendly PDF summaries of each tutorial in your Tots100 account each Friday morning. Got any specific problems or questions about WordPress? Leave them in the comments to any of our Good Blog Project posts, and we’ll be sure to answer them.
Not a WordPress fan? Fear not. We’ll be running a Blogger version of the Good Blog Project straight after the WordPress course has completed.