Back in December, we asked Tots100 bloggers about how they make money from blogging. More than 500 of you told us about what you earn, how you earn it, and what you wanted to know about monetising your blog.
We’ve taken your answers, together with advice from some of the best minds in the PR and blogging communities, and teamed up with RealWire to create a FREE 34 page eBook that will help you every step of the way if you choose to start earning money from blogging.
How Parent Bloggers Make Money will tell you exactly what other bloggers are earning, and what is a ‘typical’ rate for commercial content on blogs.
Our research findings include:
- 59% of parent bloggers already make money from their blogs
- Overall, 90% of bloggers would like to monetise their blogs
- 22% of parent bloggers use sponsored posts to make money
- 17% of bloggers have paid advertising on their blog
- 67% of bloggers are frustrated by irrelevant pitches from PR agencies
- 88% of parent bloggers have received free samples from brands or PRs
- One in three bloggers £500+ a year blogging, and some bloggers are earning £5,000+ a year from their blog
If you’re a Tots100 blogger, you can download the How Parent Bloggers Make Money eBook completely free from the new ‘eBook’ area in your Tots100 account – just log-in, and click on the ‘eBook’ link in your account profile.
Over the coming weeks, we’ll be adding lots more free eBooks, tutorials and other content for our members to this area of the website, giving our members access to detailed, practical, independent advice on blogging and social media. If you’d like to register your blog with us, then you can do so here.
How Parent Bloggers Make Money will show you:
- How UK parent bloggers make money and what they earn
- Getting your blog ready to start making money
- Creating an About page, media pack and disclosure policy
- Pros and cons of different advertising services, and how to get started
- Fair rates for advertising, sponsored posts and paid text links
- What you can expect to earn through consulting, copywriting and training
- How to contact PR agencies, and tips to help you negotiate for what you want
- Handling the finances: how to get paid, and what you need to know about tax
The guide also includes real-life case studies of bloggers talking about their experiences, and lots of helpful links to help you make the most of your blogging ventures. If you’re not a Tots100 member then just fill in your email address and name below, and we’ll email your FREE copy of How Parent Bloggers Make Money: