Bloggers represent a powerful and influential online community, and the British parent blogging community is one of the most active around. The Tots100 is the UK’s largest network of active parent bloggers – with over 2,500 members, who have a combined audience of more than 2m readers every month – that’s amazing!
Our community has a history of amazing support for good causes, with high-profile campaigns to raise awareness by the likes of Unicef, Save the Children and, most recently, CLIC Sargent, which ask bloggers to share information, words, pictures and links.
Now, the Tots100 is asking bloggers to share something else – their time.
What is Time to Share?
We’re inviting British parent bloggers to share an hour or more of their time with good causes. The Time to Share programme will match bloggers with charities in need of volunteers. During March and April 2012, we’ll be providing our members with opportunities to share their time with local charities, lending a hand with everything from planting trees to handing out drinks to marathon runners and talking to school children about depression.
Time to Share is being run by the Tots100 but we’re inviting all bloggers to get involved – whether you’re a member of our network or not. We’re being supported by the brilliant Bright One, a communications agency for voluntary organisations that is supported and run by volunteers from across the PR industry. Bright One will be helping us spread the word about Time to Share among voluntary organisations and the wider media.
Why get involved?
If you’re a blogger, Time to Share will give you a fantastic opportunity to support a charity that’s close to your heart, and close to home. We’ve got some amazing charities on board already, and we’ll be offering you the chance to meet new people and make a real difference in your community. Above all, we want you to be inspired to share your experience with your readers, friends and family.
Don’t have any time?
If you don’t have any free time just now, don’t worry. You can still support Time to Share by displaying one of our lovely blog badges, and telling your readers about the programme. We’d love you to let people know about how they can take part in Time to Share, and how people can find out about volunteering opportunities in their area via Time to Share.
The Time to Share project aims to:
- Give bloggers, and their readers, a real insight into the work being done by charities across the UK, and the vital role played by volunteers. We hope that the programme will inspire more people to get involved in volunteering in their communities!
- Provide an insight into the wide range of volunteering opportunities available in the UK, by promoting blog posts about Time to Share volunteers on the Tots100 website, and across other websites and networks
- Give charities (especially smaller groups with limited resources for media relations) the opportunity to raise awareness of their work by connecting with the hugely popular and influential parent blogging community
I’m a blogger – how do I get involved?
If you’re a blogger and would like to be involved in Time to Share, all you have to do is fill in a short registration form telling us about where you live, what causes you support, and when you have some time to spare.
I’m a charity – how can we get involved?
We have some amazing charities on board already, but we’d love to add more charities to the Time to Share programme. If you work with, or represent a charity interested in working with bloggers, then you can register for more information by completing a short registration form.
I’ve registered – what now?
Over the coming weeks, we will be working hard to match charities with suitable bloggers who have Time to Share, and we would be so grateful for your support. What can you do?
- Sign up for Time to Share if you haven’t already, and share an hour or more of your time with a good cause
- Display one of our Time to Share badges on your blog, and let your readers know about Time to Share
- Write a blog post about a good cause that’s close to your heart, that could benefit from our support
- Spread the word about Time To Share on Facebook, Twitter (#TimeToShare) and your social networks
Badge B: 160 x 160px
To use Badge B, copy and paste the code below onto your blog:
<a href=”http://www.tots100.co.uk/category/time-to-share-2012/”><img src=”http://www.tots100.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Time-to-Share-e1327996897729.jpg” alt=”Tots100 Time to Share”></a>